Is it just my imagination or had the price of everything doubled in the last few years? I am rather tired after a long day of work, but pressed on to get some groceries tonight so I would have some time in the morning to hit the gym.
When I got to the market, it seemed as if things had gone up again since just last week. I don’t know what most of you pay for things where you live, but here in Southern California its incredibly expensive to live.
So I thought I would put together a quick list of what I pay for what so that perhaps some of you could tell me and the rest of the readers of my site what things cost in your neck of the woods.
1. Home Pride Bread one loaf 4.49
2. Gallon of milk 4.79
3. one dozen eggs 3.99
4. Balogna 4.89 for 12 oz.
5. DAK ham 4.99 12 oz.
6. 12 pack diet Pepsi 5.99
7. 12 pack of beer 11.99
8. head of lettuce 1.99
9. cheap half rotten tomatoes 2.99 lb.
10. Bell peppers 1 for .99
11. bag of potatoes 3.99 5 lbs.
12. Lays potato chips 4.99 11 oz.
13. Bounty paper towels six rolls 9.99
14. Tide liquid detergent 12.99 48 oz.
15. Johnsonville Hot Italian sausage 6.99 for five sausage
16. Sara Lee bread rolls 3.99 for six
17. Grapes 3.99 a pound
18. Porterhouse steak 7.99 1 lb.
19. Hamburger 15% 4.99 lb.
20. Any fish 8.99 a pound minimum
21. Bumble Bee Tuna 2.99 a can
22. Margarine 1.99 lb.
23. Bacon 4.99 a lb. for the cheapest fattiest crap they have.
24. Oreo cookies 4.99 a pack
25. Tortillas 3.89 for ten
Anyone else being robbed like this? I get five small bags of groceries for about $100.00. Its downright frightening going to the supermarket. JD